Thursday, November 02, 2006

Follow up

I only just checked the comments, I didn't type in my email notification address so I hadn't been getting them in my email.

So then I was trying to pray about the prayer letter and I'm thinking about this instead. My pastor totally had a good heart and was very against divorce. But a lot of couples from that Church ended up divorced. Go figure. The Church itself ended up scattered when it closed. And he was right that God loves unity, but we just didn't seem to have the tools to make it happen.

But I wonder about myself. When I feel God tells me to do something but can I hear Him say stop? Like Jared said in June, we need to keep our acceptance of death handy (get off a dead horse). Maybe I should have left, but that was never an option for me. I was too committed and I knew they all did love me in their own way. It all worked out in the end. The Church closed a few weeks before Next opened. One door closed and another one opened.

But that message he spoke that day, I still remember where I was sitting and how embarrassed I was. Why is it that we remember so well the bad and not the good?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home