Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 and the world

If 2011 wasn't bad enough, the world is now supposed to end at the winter solstice of 2012. Of course, the world was supposed to end a couple of times this year, but that didn't work out, I think?

I am very happy to have finished the blog a prayer a day project for December. It was quite good for me.

I ordered Jodi Picoult's "sing you home" from amazon for $5. I thought the storyline sounded interesting in their online posting but when I read the introduction I was a bit disappointed when she said she was "writing in part about gay rights". I don't have a problem with books about gay rights but it felt like trickery not to let the consumer know that upfront. In the end though I think that Jodi did take a balanced look at the issue in that she presented both sides of the issue pretty accurately!

I am a wee bit sluggish today thanks to the silly cold. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home