Sunday, January 27, 2013

could we start again?

In this song from Jesus Christ Superstar the characters are singing about the way things have the appearance of going off course with their movement. Of course, it wasn't actually off course, just looked that way to them.

The song I find applicable in other ways. If I mess up, if I'm not listening to God, I ask Him if we can start again. I know his mercies are fresh every morning. Because God's character is forgiving I find it easy to ask this.

But dealing with people is another story. People whose words have wounded you. People who have hurt you. In many cases they may not remember it but you do. In this case could we start again means giving them a clean slate and not thinking about the hurt. But this is VERY hard to do. I wish my character was more like God's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home