Thursday, June 03, 2010

Theological discussions with an 8 year old

As I was putting James to bed tonight I had this discussion with James:

James: Duncan doesn't go to Church, but he knows God.
Me: Oh, does he have a relationship with God?
J: No, but he's heard people talk about God.
Me: Do you have a relationship with God?
J: YES!
Me: It's different hearing about someone and having a relationship with them.
J: I'm going to marry Duncan and I will go to Church and he can stay home. We'll need someone to play hockey anyway.
Me: Wouldn't it be nicer if he came with you to Church?
J: Well, someone would have to play hockey.
Me: What about after you die, wouldn't it be nice if you could play with Duncan there?
J: Duncan is really fair at school, really good, so he should be in heaven.
Me: I'm glad Duncan is so good but Jesus said that noone gets to God except through Him.
(Then James is quiet for a minute and falls asleep)
Interesting talk though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home