Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Keeping up appearances

I'm not much for keeping appearances. I don't like to dress up and be formal. Myron's mom and I have a difference of opinion on this. She thinks it is important how you present yourself because it shows respect. I don't dress James in clothes different than any other day for church because I don't se the point. God doesn't care what clothes we wear. But would it be teaching him a sign of respect if I did? I think you can respect people without putting on appearances. For me I think the greatest sign of respect is really listening when someone is talking.
I think sometimes we cover up the rough stuff in our lives to protect other people and to keep up these appearences. But I'd rather see the rough stuff first rather than be greeted with a nice handshake and a perfect face.

2 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, April 03, 2007, Blogger Rachel said...

I completely agree, Aphra.

 
At 12:31 AM, April 05, 2007, Blogger Bar L. said...

I agree too, but I do still have these leftover nagging thoughts from my youth that say "you can't wear jeans to church!" But I do. I don't even own any nice clothes at the moment!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home