Monday, April 21, 2008

Challenge

Yesterday, Brandon's sermon was on the kingly aspect of God. It was a really good sermon and a couple of things he said are still digesting. About half-way into the sermon, I felt God say to me that He wanted something. I knew exactly what it was when He said it, though I'm not sure how well I can describe it. It's not a physical thing, but there's a place in my brain that plans out conversations, that heads of into the might-be. Of course, these conversations never happen as other humans can't be controlled to say the things you want! But I apparently have lots of things I would say if given the opportunity. And I don't think there's anything wrong with this. I always found it useful and cathartic as I often think of only after the event of everything I wanted to say and, hey, I get to say it in my brain, in a safe environment. I'm sure everyone does it to some degree. Maybe I was doing it too much. Or maybe God just wants that time.
Anyway, during the day, it was pretty easy to submit to God and give it to Him. BUT, going to sleep at night was another story as apparently I use this as a method to get to sleep. Going to sleep was really hard! And waking in the night and trying to get back to sleep, equally so! But I believe as I do this, it will get better and I will sleep again. But for now I'm really tired! (but also really hopeful:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home