Thursday, May 29, 2008

What do you say?

An old boyfriend added me as a friend in facebook. I thought it odd because I really thought he disliked me. We haven't actually talked (though I see he's got 2 sweet daughters)- what would we really have to say? I told Myron. It didn't seem to bother him, nor should it. Myron is light years ahead of this guy even being sick and all.

I had to tell a coworker who is being let go that they are keeping me. That was an awkward discussion! She is really hurting. I don't think it's important what I say anymore, just that I be there for her.

There is a part of the path I walk to RMC by the water and everytime I walk this block, memories of people who have died that were important to me rush back. There really aren't words to express. I arrive at work with tears in my eyes regularly. (not that anyone notices!)

On my way home from the WITH meeting last night, I was thinking about a door to something that I want that seems to be closed. And I felt impressed that it was God who kept the door closed. So I thanked Him for not giving me what I want :) He really does know better, doesn't He?

And I read Will's post this morning and he said:

That’s the main reason we sin... we believe that what we want and when we want it is more important than nearly anything else.


Even though I do regularly put down what I want for God or for other people, i still feel so conscious of sin. I feel like it's right on the outside and everyone else can see it too. It prickles me. I don't think that's really a bad thing.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, May 29, 2008, Blogger Curious Servant said...

Thank you for the nice comment today, and the little quote.

I appreciate that you did not link to that particular bloog as it is something I would prefer to monitor who visits.

But, to keep the door open, anyone who knows a little about me, and would care to visit that blog, may email me at the following address.

(I just want to avoid readers who are too local.)


greenleaf.will@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home