Saturday, December 27, 2008

Not as I planned

The day that I had planned today was I going to get the kitchen in shape for painting tomorrow. I figured that it would take about a day to get everything cleaned and the tape on.
But the wolf dream had made me very uneasy and I wanted to fight for my bunnies. My #1 plan was to read the Bible. Which I did - in 2 Chronicles.
Then I picked up a book that I had to special order, and had received a few months ago, but had not opened yet. "Blessing your spirit" by Sylvia Gunter and Arthur Burk. I thought the best way to combat negativity would be by blessing. It turns out that it is a book of 40 days of blessings. So I started with Day 1 which was entitled "Identity and Legitimacy" and prayed it over myself (which is a bit uncomfortable to do!) and then over anyone that came to mind. It is quite a long blessing, so it takes some time to pray!
My favorite bit was the lines:
Your life is not a random thing. He is looking forward to the chapters of the story He has already written.

I thought this was interesting, because as I have been reading 2 Chronicles and comparing it to what is going on in the world today, I was thinking what a disappointment we must be to Him. But we aren't. We are His heart. And I worry all the time that I'm going to screw up and disappoint Him. To think He looks forward to the days, when I worry so much! No wonder He says that worrying is pointless.
So, the morning I spent reading, and praying and then I took a short nap. In the afternoon I did the kitchen and even managed to get the first coat of paint on! I was amazed at the progress:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home