Sunday, February 22, 2009

Meercat

Isn't this video too cute?

I have still been thinking about Lent. I could do something sacrificial, but I don't think that's what God wants from me right now. I think what He wants from me is something that will require obedience and repentance. I'm pretty sure I can't do it. At Church today I prayed that God would help me be able to do this. Interestingly, because of the set-up of the Church today (all facing toward the center) when I did this John P. came over and asked if I was ok because it looked like I was going to cry. I am ok. I did cry. I was on the edge of crying most of the day. The last few years have been difficult and I think I am at the end of myself. Every day now I have been telling God that I don't think I can cope, that He has to get me through. And He does.
The second half of this Clint got me started thinking about and I noticed that when Jo wrote about Lent she touched on this too- taking something out means you need to put something in.
When John and I talked he said that Caleb had been pushing girls at school. And we talked about how he needs a vocabulary to deal with his feelings. To be able to tell the girls he likes them instead of pushing them!
So now I am pretty clear on what I need to give up- I have to figure out what to put in its place.

2 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, February 22, 2009, Blogger Friar Tuck said...

I am sure the filling part will come to you sometime soon.

 
At 5:01 PM, February 23, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray you find the strength to do whatever it is you need to do during Lent. I'm glad is getting you through the things you need Him to.

And on a slightly less serious note - a lot of guys now need to be able to tell girls they like them instead of pushing/teasing/whatever them! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home