Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Super chameleon

I have a friend at work that I consider a super chameleon. If you have a conversation with him, you will find that as it goes on he is repeating back to you things that you said. Which at first can strike you as surprising. Didn't I just say that? Is he agreeing with me? I think he has learned the 'reflection' listening technique and is very good at using it! At first I was a bit startled by it, but then I realized that it meant that he was at least listening to what I had to say! He tries to avoid any controversial subjects. At least, he'll never pick one! Though if I pick mention a topic that he has strong feelings about, he certainly doesn't hold back (it breaks the chameleon mode). So when I do talk to him, I tend to pick difficult subjects, just so I know I'm getting the 'real' person. But who is to say the chameleon bit isn't his real person as well? He isn't a Christian, but I think God has gifted him with insights as to how people work. Or at least, he has a gift (maybe self-developed) for listening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home