Sunday, March 01, 2009

Spin

It is hard to believe that I look back at where I was last Sunday and see that I am in a completely different place in my head. When I prayed the prayer last week, I had an idea about how God could answer. I was completely wrong. It's never what you ever expect is it? But it feels like a better spot, so that's good.

I talked with someone this week who was in the St. George's boys choir during the time that the pedophile was running it (in the 70s). This got me thinking about the spiritual significance of this. Let's call the pedophile John. (his actual name lol) Was God with John? I suppose it all depends on the condition of his heart. He had sin in his life, but then so do most of us! And God manages to work around us. But when you look at the fallout of what he did- some of the boys committed suicide, some are deeply scarred, even the ones he didn't touch physically come out with scars. After John served his time I believe he went to work for a church in Ottawa. I would think if he were repentant, there would be evidence of this. I hope there is. But it's really between he and God, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home