Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fences

On my last post Michelle made a good comment that indicated that the decision to allow a person to return to Church might depend on what the crime was.
I think this crystallized the whole post.
I know it is important to protect the community as a whole and so you would have to make these decisions on a case by case basis.
But I think it shouldn't depend on the crime, I think it should depend on the person's heart.
The thing that we can't see into other people's hearts, so we can't tell when we are being told the truth or a lie. We would have to rely on God's discernment.

On a completely different topic now, I think that recently God has given me a prayer assignment. It is something very different for me. In the past I have prayed focused prayers for people and there are people I pray for daily but this is different- it is more like an intercession type prayer. I think God showed me a picture of this individual with a very high fence around them (over their head) and every now and then they would allow a board to come loose and the prayer could get in. The person has to allow the prayer in, God is a gentleman and he never goes in where He isn't wanted. And I think the same is true for prayer. Specific intercession can't go in unless the person allows it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home