Friday, January 05, 2007

Hearts

Al said on Sunday how important it is to guard your heart. And it IS important. There are so many things in our lives that pull on us and require our time and energy and our love. Good things, mainly, but even good things can pull us off track. I am always surprised the the summer when the show "Big Brother" is on and I tell myself, I'll only watch a few episodes and that most of the episode is just recap of an episode, but I still watch all the episodes anyway!

Today I was thinking (while I happened to be washing dishes) how it would be good to have myself focused more on the future, rather than dwelling in the past. Time is such an odd commodity for humans.

1 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, January 06, 2007, Blogger Calia77 said...

So true. We have to guard our hearts against so many things. I know I do all the time - I get so emotionally invested in people, put so many expectations on them, and then when they let me down... another piece of my heart gone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home