Monday, September 17, 2007

Scary but good

Tonight I went with Kim to her church. They had a special guest Kevin Leal. She said he is a prophet, so I like to go to that stuff because my dream stuff sometimes flows in a prophetic way (though it's normally a scary prophetic way, but that's ok)

Before Church started, I saw some old friends Barry and Tammy. I told Kim I saw them. She didn't really believe me, but I had already vaulted out of my seat to go see them and Kim followed in my wake. I didn't ask why they were there, but after the songs there was a marriage rededication that they were a part of. So that explained that.

Then Kevin talked. It was really good. It was mainly about spiritual growth and keeping a long term outlook.

Then Kevin prayed for the pastor. I found it easy to pray and support kevin while he was praying.

Then Kevin had the leaders in church come up, which included Barry and Tammy because they are pastors out in Belleville. He had all of the leaders say a phrase into the mic. Except he skipped Barry and Tammy. Odd, I thought- as they were the only ones up there I knew- did they get missed cause they don't go to the church? Nope kevin came back to him and started praying over him. At this point I was totally crying. I'm still now quite sure why, but it was just really powerful.

Kevin also had this music (not sure if it was before or after praying for people) that was played so loud that your molecules resonated. And if you closed your eyes, you really did feel like you were in heaven. Every now and then I did open them to see that there were still other people around. It was so enveloping. This music made you think of heaven and as I did I was thinking that this was so scary, so unknown and I'm pretty used to living in the body I have with the experience I'm having. And I thought- God it's scary, but I was reassured that it was scary, but it was good.

I talked to Barry and Tammy after the service and caught up (briefly) on 10 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home