Saturday, September 15, 2007

Rejection

In the last week I was reading Max Lucado's book "A love worth giving" and in the chapter I read he talked about the amount of times rejection happens in the Bible. And it happens quite a bit- from God and from man. And a lot of times the response to the rejection was anger. The anger stemming from the hurt of the rejection.

In his chapter Max doesn't mention Moses. First all the little boys were to be killed. He wasn't even wanted alive. Then with the plagues time and time again his father that he grew up with (if it was the same pharoh- if not it would have been one of his friends growing up) rejected him and his people. But he kept calm there.

Rejection can also make you see people differently. At work when my funding was going to be cut (for the one week until the solution was reached)- it was in a way a rejection- though not so much a personal one. But I see the people involved in a different way. I see the people who value me and the people who do not. How to keep that from interfering with my work, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home