Saturday, August 25, 2007

Exhaustion

The accumulated bad nights, sickness, small boy and Myron's surgery have wrapped themselves in a ball around me and I feel so exhaused. Mainly at night around 8 or 9. I try to force myself to stay up a bit longer because if I actually succumb to sleep so early, I invariably have an insomniac episode around 1 or 2 as my body thinks it's got all the sleep usual for the night.

Thurs. night was particularly bad as myron was gone to TO and I was feeling particularly bad. I couldn't sleep because I was worried that my stomach was going to explode and I would die and James would find me in the morning and not know what to do. It was irrational. I lived through the night!

1 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, August 25, 2007, Blogger Rachel said...

Not that this is any comfort, but you're in good company. I recently read that Thomas Edison, Benjamin Franklin, Marcel Proust, Charlotte Bronte, Virginia Woolf, Mark Twain, William Wordsworth and Charles Dickens (among others) were all insomniacs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home