Friday, July 27, 2007

Crocodiles and JPJ

On June 3, I had a dream (June archive) about a big crocodile.

The dream
I heard some sounds outside and went to look out the kitchen window. There were big rocks outside the window and I was trying to look out. I saw a racoon. People in the background were saying something like, so ancient, they were around with the dinosaur. An then I saw something else. The tail of an alligator. I went to the front window and the alligator was coming out of the rocks and going across the street. He was HUGE. He was bigger than the whole street! The tail was so wide.

In the dream I wasn't frightened of the alligator. Maybe awed.
The alligator may also be an ancient spirit. Al suggested the spirit of religion.
ETA:Thinking of it as a spirit, some notes:
-it is out in the open
-it has teeth
-it has armour plating
-Isaiah 27 says

1 In that day the LORD with His severe sword, great and strong,
Will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent,
Leviathan that twisted serpent;
And He will slay the reptile that is in the sea.


July 26
So that was all around June 3. Last night I started reading John Paul Jackson's "Needless casualties of War" and what was the first scripture that he uses? Isaiah 27:1. Now JPJ ties the Isaiah scripture to Job 41 and I haven't figured out what that means! Ideas?

Job 41

1 "Can you pull in the leviathan with a fishhook
or tie down his tongue with a rope?

2 Can you put a cord through his nose
or pierce his jaw with a hook?

3 Will he keep begging you for mercy?
Will he speak to you with gentle words?

4 Will he make an agreement with you
for you to take him as your slave for life?

5 Can you make a pet of him like a bird
or put him on a leash for your girls?

6 Will traders barter for him?
Will they divide him up among the merchants?

7 Can you fill his hide with harpoons
or his head with fishing spears?

8 If you lay a hand on him,
you will remember the struggle and never do it again!

9 Any hope of subduing him is false;
the mere sight of him is overpowering.

10 No one is fierce enough to rouse him.
Who then is able to stand against me?

11 Who has a claim against me that I must pay?
Everything under heaven belongs to me.

1 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, August 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just the idea of the leviathan ... probably just a word connection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home