Saturday, June 30, 2007

Honest and Deep

I read Barbara's new blog today (no link- you can ask her if you want the link) and I found it honest and deep. That's what I hope this blog is- i try not to sugar coat and censor myself here. I do on my main blog because I know my mom reads it and I don't want her worrying about me, for the most part.

Speaking of my mother, she told me about an a girl who I went to school with (my mom knows her mom) and her marriage troubles. She and her husband lived in California working in the computer industry. But she went to Canada for a wedding and then couldn't get back in the States (something wrong with the paperwork) so they moved to Toronto. She got a job in TO and he kept his job in Cali (as it was all computer after all) but he found he was having to stay up to late as he still had to work on Cali time so he quit. That was 2.5 years ago and he hasn't got a job since. So K. is working a full time job, having to do all the housework (he doesn't do any), and is getting frustrated. Also she wants kids and he doesn't. Though she realizes that she would be doing all of the raising of the child. Life doesn't always work out like you plan.
My friend D. had a similar story. She married a guy she met in Columbia (teaching) and moved to St. Louis (what is it with all the females moving to the States for men?) They both were working full time. She was also working on her masters and doing all the housework. And it overwhelmed her and she got a divorce. She moved back to TO and she married a wonderful guy who suits her very well. They now have 2 kids. (and I presume he does housework!)
What are the limits of love? Was she in love with the first guy? So many questions!

2 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, July 01, 2007, Blogger Bar L. said...

I often wonder about couples and marriages too. Since I've never been married (I chickened out twice!) I can only speak from my experience of a person who has never been SURE enough to make the commitment. My question for you married folks is:

Did you KNOW it was the right thing to do or did you have doubts up to the last minute or a combination of both?

I know some people just KNOW but others are not sure and still end up having a great marriage.

 
At 10:02 AM, August 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't you work full time and do all of the housework and meal planning too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home