Sunday, June 03, 2007

Coddling

I generally make a lot of use of my self-censor. I try to give people what I think that they need from me. What they are confortable with. But I find I'm starting to not care what my self censor is saying. I know the person may not want to hear what I'm saying right now, but life is too short!
You may be amused where I got this quote but I think it is very true
coddling will leave you in denial (Debbie Ford, Ex Wives Club)

I'm looking for people to speak truth into my life. I don't want to be coddled. And because I don't want to be coddled, I tend not to coddle others, even if they want it!

1 Comments:

At 3:20 AM, June 04, 2007, Blogger Calia77 said...

That's brave of you. Yet so needed. So often we - I - tell others what they want to hear for fear of upsetting them and having an uncomfortable time with them. Peace 'at all costs' is the devil's lie - and can actually go further to destroy relationships than caring confrontation. Genuine peace - from Christ - is a different thing entirely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home