Saturday, June 02, 2007

Empty vessels

I'm currently reading a devotional by Hannah Whitall Smith and the month of June so far seems focused on the fact that Christians should be focused on posessing Christ instead of possessing other (even good) things. She wasn't talking about possessions (though that's an aspect as well) but more about posessing experiences, feelings, view, list of works done, illuminations or gifts. Not that these things are bad, but that we are to empty ourselves to depend on Christ. (Having nothing, and yet possessing everything 2 cor 6:10)
She says
"with our hands full of our own things, we cannot possibly take possession of the things of God"
and
"God finds it often necessary to take away all our own things and leave us empty and bereft of all that we have most valued...having nothing of our own, we are driven to find our rest in the things of God"

I want to rest in God.

Myron is away until the 14th in Moncton. Well, he's not in Moncton right this minute, as he missed his 3rd flight (the montreal-moncton leg)he's now flying to st. john.
I'm wearing my event monitor. No events yet.
I said no to the banquet, saying that Myron was away. I'm happy with the decision.

2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, June 03, 2007, Blogger Calia77 said...

Oh bothersome! OK God! I hear you! OK!

I turned up at church today and the guy I like had brought the girl from the club last week with him. I managed 5 minutes before I had to walk out during the prayers.

 
At 12:27 PM, June 03, 2007, Blogger dawna said...

good on you for saying no to the invite and being happy with your decision!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home