Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Party?

Here's an argument I am currently having in my head:
The conference I am working for offered me a free banquet ticket for their last night.
We have 3 choices of meal - vegetarian, chicken or salmon. The banquet is at Fort Henry and includes a tour of the Fort and fireworks. I am trying to decide if I should go or not. It is not the sort of thing that I would enjoy but it would be kind of like a sign of respect for me to go.
Factors:
-I hate the smell of salmon (any type of fish really)
-I don't really enjoy spending time with people who have been drinking too much (and I assume there is a open bar at the event)
-I have concerns about fireworks and the environment
k, I don't have any good factors, but it might be fun.

6 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, May 08, 2007, Blogger dawna said...

i never made it to fort henry for the fireworks (sheldon is not a fireworks kind of guy and for some reason it never occurred to me to go alone)... but personally, i think it'd be cool.

 
At 11:20 AM, May 09, 2007, Blogger Aphra said...

If you were here I'd go with you Dawna!

 
At 1:10 AM, May 10, 2007, Blogger Bar L. said...

well, let us know what you decide. I wouldn't want to go either...but you never know, it COULD be fun!

 
At 2:11 PM, May 10, 2007, Blogger Aphra said...

Hey Barbara,

I know it would be funnish once I got there, just the energy working out getting there that I wonder if it's worth it! I have about a month to decide.

 
At 3:13 PM, May 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe not too many people will choose salmon :)

 
At 7:41 AM, May 29, 2007, Blogger Aphra said...

No, 95 of the partcipants are having salmon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home