Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Theory

I have theory about my heart problems. Not sure if it's a good theory, but anyway, here goes.
A while back I wrote that if we were going to have another child, we'd probably start trying for a pregnancy in July or August of this year. Well, the symptoms I had been having also correlated with post trauma stress and the most stessful thing in my life was James' birth! And during the time of the symptoms, I would have flashbacks to the birth. How weird is that? Who gets that traumatized by birth?
Anyway, with my body being so crazy, I kinda decided that I shouldn't get pregnant so soon (though the clock is ticking if we are going to have another one because I didn't really want to be pregnant after 36 because the risks are higher, though Annette had healthy AJ at 40)
Maybe my body was trying to tell me it just isn't ready.
I am very thankful to God and for the many people who prayed that I haven't had an incident since may 11. Not so good for my event monitor, which has not yet had an event to record!

3 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, June 09, 2007, Blogger Rachel said...

Lots of people get traumatized by birth, Aphra. The term "birth trauma" existed long before you had James. Weather you decide to have another baby or not, I'm praying for healing after all you experienced the first time.

 
At 10:31 PM, June 09, 2007, Blogger Aphra said...

I hope it didn't make it sound like I cornered the market on birth trauma, but I don't think that many people experience post traumatic stress 5 years after the fact?

 
At 11:27 PM, June 13, 2007, Blogger Rachel said...

I don't know how long it normally takes people to get over a really traumatic event, but I do remember talking with a woman who was planning a homebirth and ended up with a very traumatic cesaerean. When we had the conversation her son was 8. She was obviously not over it yet at all. She spoke of it as if it had just happened. It all felt very fresh and painful for her. I think maybe it's more common than most people realize. Maybe a lot of people just stop talking about it to others after a certain length of time.

I didn't mean to make it sound as if I thought you were trying to corner the market. Just wanted you to know I don't think you're weird or abnormal or anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home