Friday, June 15, 2007

Isolating trauma

I was thinking about this yesterday: I am grateful for so many things in my birth experience. I was glad for when Rachel, Kim, Al and Judy were there. The nurses and the doctors, I thought were great. Everyone was very kind and supportive and the technical aspects as well were excellent. There wasn't anything at all traumatic for me up until that hour in the operating room. I couldn't even watch the video of the c-section during the birth class and now I had to go through it. I am glad for the c-section in that both James and I came out of it healthy, but it sure was a nasty experience. I find it hard to believe that some women actually choose the c-section because they don't want to go through labour. For me the labour felt normal. The c-section very abnormal- but I guess all surgeries are.

When my doctor sold her practice to the new dr. Aileen about a year ago, I had a sit down with her to meet her and she asked me lots of questions. We talked about birth and what she said to me was the exact same thing you said in your comment Rachel. She said that for most women the memory fades but for me it seems to be like just yesterday! I am trying to work to get ok with the c-section!

1 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, June 15, 2007, Blogger Bar L. said...

I did the same thing! I didn't know I'd end up with a c-section but I could not watch the video in class!

I don't know why any woman would choose it, its horrible. SOrry that was not a good thing to say, but it is.

But luckily your James and my Keven are both healthy and happy. For me it was 16 years ago and I remember every detail!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home