Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Parents

One of my coworkers has a son who became a Christian 2 years ago. My coworker and his wife are not Christians. The son is now 18. The parents are confused. They think it reflects badly on them that he needed to become a Christian. They are good people, they think. What's wrong with us? I think my parents probably went through the same with me. But it's not enough to be good. It's only enough to have Christ.
It's harder when you are older. There is a lot that gets ingrained that you don't want to give up. I can see they don't want to give up. They still want to control. If the son does something wrong, they ground him from Bible study.
The son is now going to university in the fall. He'll loose a lot of his support structure (excellent youth pastor and youth group). I hope he is well grounded. He'll need it. I'll be praying for him. I think young Christians are great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home