Sunday, July 15, 2007

Giver or taker

Al spoke this morning on generosity. What I took away as an application was to look at my life in every aspect -am I giving or taking? I spend a lot of time giving (mainly because I have a little person to tend to). The time when I am a 'taker' the most is when I go to St. Catharines. I pretty much crash while I'm there. Let my parents cook and play with James. I try to help out where I can but I find I haven't much energy because I guess my body just needs some time to recharge. My parents don't mind at all. They love to see James and they understand that the trip itself tires me out, but I wish I could be more of who I normally am for them as they are very important people in my life. I think the giver or taker concept a good thing to think about often.

After church, I came home while the boys went to AJ's birthday party. I thought it would be very nice some time to myself. Ha! I switched on a CD and I also switched on the TV (with almost no volume) because I was to tape the soccer for James. I had been restless before this- with me if I get restless that probably means there's going to be something to pray for soon. I am only starting to clue in at the signs. And when I switched on the TV it 'hit' me as to what I was to pray for - for the young men in this age group - late teen - the age of the soccer players- the age of my students- of Jake, Keven, my co-workers son, etc. And I had an understanding of why I have not, despite all my attempts to quit my job, been released from it. It seems to be to pray for this group. Though I have always prayed for my students, it seemed I was praying on a different level today, if that makes sense.

...your young men will see visions... Joel 2:28

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home