Thursday, August 09, 2007

Soulmates

While I was in St. Catharines, I read the book "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. I wrote a review of it on my neighbourhood blog, but there was this quote that I found interesting:

People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with your soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. They come into your life to reveal another layer of yourself and then they leave. (Richard from Texas says this on p.149)

3 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, August 10, 2007, Blogger Bar L. said...

that is a great quote!! I am going to save it.

 
At 9:15 AM, August 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting :)a bit scary thought though to be honest.

 
At 11:45 AM, August 18, 2007, Blogger Aphra said...

why is it scary?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home