Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Boundaries of love

I've been thinking about a family I know today. The parents love their kids, as most parents do. I was friends with both the parents and one of the kids (not really a kid, in their 20s) The kids chose to do something that was considered a sin by both the parents and myself. Now the type of sin was not nasty or hateful. It was as loving as a sin can get. Or at least can be coated with love. The parents decided that the sin was no longer a 'sin' and continues to love their child and tell their child they thought it was not a sin. I told them I thought it was still a sin and I was cut out. No longer welcome.
It's different if it's not your child. I hope I would have the strength to tell James that I would still love him, just not agree with what he was doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home