Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Home

On the day I became a Christian, I went to a Church service earlier in the day where a lady there told about how her son had fallen away from the Lord. We prayed for her son. I really wanted her son to come back to the Lord. We had all gathered at the front to pray. As we were praying (me not a Christian at the time, but obviously God was working on me!) I felt like I had come home, that I no longer had to wear a mark of being good enough, that I could rest. I so clearly remember that impression many, many years later.

When I went to my first Church in Kingston it was on the recommendation of my best friend, who wanted to make sure that I kept going to Church even though I was so far from her. The church wasn't exactly my demographic. I was the only university student. I bet they didn't think I would stay, but I did. They may not have had people my age, but they had God. Where you have Jesus in common you can fit together if you want to. When the Church ran into trouble, people left, we lost our building, things got a little flaky but I stayed. When it finally closed we had to look for another Church.

We visited a couple of Churches but it was really easy to choose Next. Both Myron and I loved it. When Church in a Box started it was a no brainer as well. It suited the schedule of a young child and was very child friendly, a perfect fit.

The day before Al told us about the Rustle idea I had a dream about a baby and as soon as he told me about Rustle, I knew that the baby was Rustle and I knew that we would be a part of mothering that baby.

As it has so far been so easy and so obvious to know where God has planted me, it isn't always easy for me to comprehend when people struggle with this. Maybe they make it more complicated than it needs to be. Maybe I'm just simple. Not that there's anything wrong with struggling, just it's easier not to :)

1 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, March 18, 2008, Blogger Rachel said...

For me, also, it has always been very easy to know which community of believers to be a part of. I have never once in my life struggled with that decision, so I can identify with you on this one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home