Saturday, March 15, 2008

joseph

I wrote a bit about Joseph on my bible reading blog. Today I was reading about Joseph in R.T. Kendall's 'God meant it for Good' and there was this quote, that I'm not sure I agree with but it was interesting:
"Many people have never fallen into sin because they have not yet met Potiphar's wife! That ought to stop many of us from being critical of others."

I think of Spitzer (sorry Barbara!) who met his Potiphar's wife and had his major downfall. But I don't think that many people have not fallen into sin. Maybe our sins are smaller. Maybe he's talking about large tests in the quote? Is it guaranteed that we will all face a 'potiphar's wife' moment that our future will depend on? How we will we know at that moment. I wonder if Joseph knew at the moment what an important decision he was making.

1 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, March 16, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Romans 3:23: "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." So Kendall must mean a 'life defining' sin, otherwise he's completely discounting the Bible and the whole reason Jesus became human, lived, died and was resurrected.
A great example of not to take everything we read at face value, but to think and discern (as we're instructed to).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home