Sunday, March 16, 2008

Walls

When I see people with walls at my workplace, I try to break them down. It seems something like a challenge to me and I like it, but I try to check my motivation. WHY am I doing this?

For example there was one janitor that worked on our floor. He was quiet and a bit surly, but everytime I saw him I would smile and say hello like I did with the old janitor. Except that this guy NEVER responded. He did not reply, he did not smile. I am not sure my existence was even noticed. After a year of this, he disappeared. I don't know what happened- maybe he was transferred to another building. Maybe he was fired. I don't know. But I went through the exercise with no results. I don't regret it though because I feel like I was sowing kindness in his life while everyone else ignored him. Well, maybe he wanted to be ignored and I wasn't really showing kindness, oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home