Saturday, May 16, 2009

project boundaries

I have been with my current boss since I came back from maternity leave, so about 6 years. We have a good relationship, though we have a lot of conflict (Karen and Henrie declare it 'healthy' conflict as we are very open with our disagreements and we still care for each other) It's very much a father/daughter relationship and he's kind of like a grandfather for James. It's a very different relationship than that with my own father as we avoid conflict!

He's very good about being flexible with my Queen's time and letting me do my own thing. He has some control issues, but not too bad. The problem I'm having right now (as we have started on a big project) is a problem that I have seen in the past, but it hasn't affected me too much- he can't put boundaries on projects. So I try questioning him, trying to find the focus, but he won't have it. He won't tell me what the focus is and he won't exclude anything. So, it's up to me to figure these things out. He will probably be frustrated with me if I don't. (even though it is his job!) Ah, well.

In the month I have been off from Queen's I have found I gained a bit of weight. I never realized how active a job it was at Queen's in that it maintained my weight! Now I just sit at a desk all day, I'll have to be more careful. I blame part of this on Kim, who introduced me to Worthers chewy candies. So good! lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home