Monday, May 04, 2009

High School Notes

I don't think I've written about this story from my high school experience. I don't know a word to describe it except 'high school'.

The background: My friend Angel went to another school in our city. She was kind of going out with Brad, who went to our school. They wrote notes back and forth and another friend Carol was the messenger pigeon (so to speak) who delivered them.

Well, some of the other guys were like- I wish one of Angel's friends would write us. So, being silly girls, we decided to 'invent' a friend of Angel's and have 'her' write one of the guys. I can't remember what the imaginary friends' name was, but I got to be this girl. ('cause I like to write- can you tell?) And I wrote to Mark as this imaginary girl. And Mark bought it. Now Mark was a sweet guy and I really did like him. And we wrote notes for months. Or, he and the imaginary girl wrote notes. Then one day, we decided to tell Mark the truth.
I thought he'd be happy to hear the truth.
But he was NOT.
And he never. spoke. to. me. again. (understandable really, but surprising at the time)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home