Sunday, January 30, 2011

Breaking the chains

I write this blog to allow readers to see parts of me. Sometimes it's stuff that I wouldn't be comfortable speaking, but print seems safer. I think God is challenging me to get better about speaking things out, but my best form of expression is writing. And I love to do it, just don't always have as much time for it as I'd like.

Today I watched a women's conference promo that featured Kim Walker. She talks about a message that brought freedom to her, that cut the ropes off her.

A video of Kim singing is here "How He loves us"

I think God is continually breaking ropes off me. And every time I'm surprised that there are more chains!

Last week, I did feel like there was a particular rope that broke for me. And all week it felt like it was trying to re-rope me. But I knew I was free and I had to keep saying that. A little bit closer to free anyway.

This week was Al's last Sunday at Rustle before he starts on his sabbatical. We signed a card for him. That made it seem a bit like a funeral to me. I don't like goodbyes. But do I think the sabbatical is a good idea? YES, I DO. Good for Al, to recharge. Good for Rustle. I think we rely on Al a lot to be "God" to us. I hope it will bring our congregation into a deeper relationship with God, as we no longer have Al to lean on, we will lean on God. We will miss him big time.

Al spoke today from Matt 5:3 You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule.

At the end of the service Shari sang Amazing Grace (my chains are gone) An appropriate choice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home