Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Trust

Sickness around me seems to shake my trust. I get all worried and then I can't sleep. I already have enough sleep problems, thank you very much. And rationally, I understand that the small sicknesses that we grapple with are not life threatening, that in a day or 2 it's all over or whatever. But I can't seem to get that rationale over my worry device in my head that works overtime. I struggle to switch it off.

I am also struggling to love someone today. She's a mom whose child also goes to the daycare. She got a sense of entitlement (she backs her van out in 2 lanes of traffic and all must stop for her, she takes her son's coat off the coathanger and drops the hanger on the floor and leaves it for me to clean up)that bothers me. Normally, the waiting Mom's or dad's make small talk, but she won't even look at me, and I'm to quiet to impose myself on someone. Why must I judge instead of loving her?

4 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, January 11, 2007, Blogger Bar L. said...

sometimes its easier to judge our than love no matter who the recipient of either is.

I would have a VERY hard time loving someone like that.

Just the fact that you want to love her speaks a lot about you.

Thanks for your prayers and concern for me.

 
At 8:56 AM, January 12, 2007, Blogger rab said...

The library has a book called "Don't Get Scrooged: How to Live in a World Full of Obnoxious, Incompetent, Arrogant and Downright Mean-Spirited People." Sounds appropriate for your situation. You might find it helpful.

 
At 9:06 AM, January 12, 2007, Blogger Aphra said...

Thanks for the book tip Bob- I'll have to look into it!

Hope things are better today Bar!

 
At 3:15 AM, January 15, 2007, Blogger Calia77 said...

Sickness always puts us out of sorts emotionally as well as physically - well, it does for me. As does lack of sleep. Acknowledging it is half the battle. Then it's a case of handing it over to God.

We will always judge because we are human and we will always compare ourselves to others. Sometimes that's a good thing - we become inspired to up our game, better ourselves (ultimately we should be comparing ourselves to Jesus - without becoming disheartened, though). But we also compare ourselves to those who we sometimes perceive as not as good as us. Or maybe they have flaws that are similar to ours: I know this is your case, however it's often my issue when I rub up against someone the wrong way, they're doing something that I do that I don't like doing and it rankles.

But, as Barbara said, the fact that you want to love her means that your heart is big enough to love her. It just might take a lot longer to break through her shell. She obviously has insecurities that she masks with this act of entitlement. Pray for her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home