Sunday, January 20, 2008

Always

The boys are at the Frontenacs game, so I am having a relaxed time updating my blogs. I had a very interesting dream last night about Church and I am looking forward to posting that on my dream blog. Todays posting may be a bit more jumbled because normally I plan out my post but todays is not planned, it just comes as it is.

I thought my post yesterday was pretty in line with Al's sermon today!

Yesterday, I read something that seemed to follow up the My Way/God's Way post. It is from the book Under Cover by John Bevere:

Do any of us know more than God? Of course we don't! But when we disobey, that is the message we communicate to God and those around us.


Today in Church, I was thinking about something that was frustrating me and it was like I saw two ropes intertwined. The total combination was what was frustrating me, but one of the ropes was white and that part of the rope was from God, but the other rope was dark and that part was not from God. But how do I get rid of the 'not from God' part when it's all intertwined with the 'from God' part?

Brandon made a powerpoint meditation on U2's 40. The first time (at the start of church) I watched it. The second time, I closed my eyes and listened and it was like I could hear God say "I will be with you, always". Through the crap and the mud and the grime and the twistedness and untwistedness, He's there for everyone.

I am excited that next week is a baptism service. I have never been to a baptism service that was not amazing and touched by God. I think it is so precious and so blessed to see people give an outward sign of commitment to Christ in this way. I already wish it was next Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home