Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Confusing kindness with weakness

In the Book "Once upon a Day" by Lisa Tucker one of the characters says something to the effect that society tends to confuse kindness with weakness. And it is why he would not want to seem kind, because it would make him look weak. Sometime I think my kindness is weakness though. I had a big meeting about restructuring my course yesterday and all these administrators with big salaries trying to restructure it without thinking about the effect on me. It sometimes makes me fume when they don't pay close enough attention to my emails or to what our course needs. They make the big $ and yet I do all the work. But I also know that they think I am dispensible and that is why they do not raise my salary. The course would run without me. Not as well, I would think, but it would go. The only reason I do the job is because I love the course. If it weren't for that I'd be gone.

1 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, January 09, 2008, Blogger Bar L. said...

Sigh. I understand. It infuriates me that so often this is the case - the people that do all the hard work are taken for granted and not paid enough.

I think the course would fall apart without you. Give me their email address, I'll write and tell them :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home