Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Where I get it from

I was talking on the phone with my mom and I mentioned that I was trying to pace my life with the exams (which I am 80% of the way through marking now- yay!). I was trying not to let them take over my life as I had in previous years. In previous years I also got some warning that they were coming. This year I had no idea on the timing. In previous years I cleared my schedule- I didn't go out of the house unless absolutely necessary. This year I think I've been out doing some activity every day.
But when I told my mom that I was not letting them take over my life this year, she was not very supportive. She was saying how important it was to get them done and over with. After that conversation, I had a better idea of where I get my maniacal work cycle from! And I thought it was my dad, until that conversation. Now I realize it is both!

2 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, November 21, 2007, Blogger Bar L. said...

:) Well if you take after both of your parents, then they must both be pretty special people :)

 
At 10:06 PM, November 22, 2007, Blogger Aphra said...

I was thinking it was unhealthy work boundaries that they were instilling, but good to see it in a positive way :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home