Saturday, November 10, 2007

Emotionally Healthy Spirituality

I had a few moments today to read the first chapter of 'emotionally healthy spirituality' by Peter Scazzero and it looks to be an interesting book. One thing I see as a liability in my life is that I am not emotional at all. It makes me worry that my emotions are absent and that I am not living life in the fullness that it should be. That I am not fullfilling my supportive role as I cannot emotionally support people. I look at life linearly and logically. When I write emails, I tend to be straight to the point. Deal with the business at hand. So in reading this book, I thought I would fare rather poorly. However, after reading the first chapter, I do see a lot of the fruit of the spirit in my life, so that made me feel that I wasn't completely off track. He then lists 10 symptoms of a bad case of emotionally unhealthy spirituality and I breathed a sigh of relief. I didn't feel I had much of the sysmtoms. But I may not have emotionally unhealthy spirituality if my emotional spirituality is nonexistant. Still, better to have none than a negative quantity, right?
I'm pretty tired now so will head off to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home