Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Torn

I had an answer to prayer. Specifically, this prayer. I believed that I would get an answer and I figured it would probably be painful. And it was. It was like having spiritual dental surgery. All I saw in front of my face yesterday was this tooth being ripped out. And that's what it felt like too. Ow. I am wise enough to know that that space has to be filled by the holy spirit, other wise something worse might fill it's place or it might come back, or whatever. Luke 11:
24"When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' 25When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. 26Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first."

I don't know if it was an evil spirit or not, but I'm thinking the principle is the same with bad habits and the like.
Yesterday, I had been up from 2-4am (thanks to James waking me at 2 and me not able to get back to sleep) and with this going on, I went to bed at 9pm. I was very tired from the rough night. And the walking 6km in the snow. And this. When I woke up in the morning, I was angry, but it didn't last long. I think the pain subsided enough that I was able to feel anger, but it did pass when I realized that this is where I wanted to be. Let's hope for a day of healing today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home