Thursday, June 19, 2008

What I want

I am quite used to putting other people's needs and wants above my own.

As a teen, I really wanted to see the shows that were on at primetime that my friends would watch, but during all those years I wasn't allowed to watch tv in the evening because it was my dad's film time. It was angsty for me then, but did I really miss anything by not watching those shows? No, I don't think so.

On a regular basis, I do put the needs of my family above my own needs. Sometimes I worry that this can't be very healthy and one day I will just snap! But I think as long as I don't snap, there is much value in putting others before myself. One thing I do for myself is write my blogs. I love to write. Hopefully, that's enough to keep me from snapping :)

3 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, June 20, 2008, Blogger rab said...

Next time you are over, I'll try flicking you on the leg until you snap. It is kind of cool seeing you flip out. Especially over something as irritating as a leg flicking.

 
At 3:12 PM, June 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you make sure you're not just giving, giving and giving without getting anything back from somewhere.

 
At 10:46 PM, June 22, 2008, Blogger Bar L. said...

i agree with what justonestep but it sounds kinda fun to watch rab flick you till you get irritated (I can't imagine it)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home