Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Would you want to be King?

On Sunday, Paul shared a Coldplay song Viva la Vida. One of the lyrics is "who would want to be King?". Which really, probably most people don't want to. Certainly, you wouldn't think that logically one would want to be King over God! But we do it every day, in things we want to keep control of.
Continuously during my Christian life, I feel God putting His finger on something and me responding by saying, no, You can't have that. I need that. But of course, I don't. You would think I would learn and give up control easier, but it's never easier. Though, it may be a strategy. If it takes me a long time to give something to Him, maybe that reduces the things He can ask for. Ha Ha. I don't really think so. We think we are so happy where we are, when we can't see through God's eyes and see how much better we would be if we were where He wants us.
Help me to surrender control in all areas.

Why do we hang onto things? I have a package of Jello Pudding that I have had for a number of years. The flavour: "Chocolate marshmallow". They don't MAKE that flavour anymore, so I hang on. Knowing that when I make it up, it will be the last time I taste that flavour.
One day, we will have to give up all we know here on this earth and take our final breathes, never to taste this flavour of life again.
Should I make the pudding?

1 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, October 22, 2008, Blogger Rachel said...

Make the pudding!! And thoroughly enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home