Sunday, July 11, 2010

Human be-ing

I've had the song "A certain Love" running through my head the last few days.
And in prayer this morning I said that I wished I understood more about love.
And Al obliged by doing a sermon on the Good Samaritan, which was just what I needed.
That love is the ability to see others as God sees them.

A couple of weeks ago a drug dealer has seemingly moved in across the road. This bothered me for James, not so much for me at first. And thinking of the danger that it brought to the neighbourhood.
But looking at the young 'clients' that arrive really breaks my heart.
I created a new blog "Small Time Dealing" for justice and for prayer. I will pray for these people that I note as 'visitors'. I pray that they see their way out of the addition and the blackness and know that drugs are not the answer, only Jesus is!

2 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, July 11, 2010, Anonymous al doseger said...

i love how you spelled addiction. making me wonder if adding certain parts to the home oftentimes make the living worse. addition. or like math it never amounts to much adding substances that harm. addition.

i had asked the band to sing that song today as it is one of my favourites. gospel. thanks for sitting close and having ears to hear. i too will pray that there is less than 17 miles between your two homes that you watch and robbed are taken care of with a promise to return.

 
At 10:51 AM, July 12, 2010, Blogger Aphra said...

I'm glad you appreciate my typos?
I don't think they did play that song?
I think the house is 17 steps away, not 17 miles. If it were 17 miles I likely would not have sprung into action. lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home