Monday, May 25, 2009

Plan

I have to say that God has a sense of humour. I like to have plans. I like organization and schedule. Even though I am quite happy for Him to do what He wants and go along with it, I like to have a plan for backup.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided I needed a plan and it got blown out of the water rather spectacularly (if I do say so myself) within hours.

In the last few days, I decided there was nothing really wrong with the original plan and I would go back to it. And the plan went well for most of the day until in the late afternoon, I read something that seemed to be written just for me. And it scuttled my plan again.

Now, God knows that the heart of my plan is right. I don't think he really objects to the plan itself, but that I think I need the plan instead of relying on Him. He knows where I want to go and He trusts me. But He doesn't think I need a plan. I just need to trust Him.

Even our best plans are not as good as You. Help me to trust, always

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home