Sunday, October 11, 2009

1 week

It is hard to believe all that has changed in the last week. I have a new job. I am very happy with the stability aspect. I am also happy with the computer/programming aspect. It will take me a long time (they said a year) to learn how to run the computer program properly but I think I will enjoy that aspect very much.

What is not so good, but I don't mind too much: people are going to complain a lot to me. I have years and years of students complaining, so the people complaining will just be a bit older.

What my concerns are, but I think will be opportunity for growth:
Working with people. I am used to being a lone wolf in the role of work. I worked contract so that meant it benefited me if I worked through lunch. I saw no need to take breaks. Now I do not have those social skills to work with. Not that it probably will matter as my boss I am currently with said that it was a benefit going into this job that I am used to a lone job so maybe I won't need those skills after all. We'll have to see!
My other concern (that may or may not be a concern) is why the last person in the job left the job. Apparently, the job did it to her, but noone has told me which aspect of the job did her in. Maybe noone knows.
I think they were very careful in hiring me, so maybe they know what attributes I need to have to survive the job:)

It is hard to believe I start in a few days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home