Thursday, August 06, 2009

support

I went to the "Online Gamers Anonymous" site today. It actually made me feel quite ill reading these people's stories and knowing how close it is to my own story. So, I didn't find it terribly supportive, more like depressing. They have a chat session on Sunday nights from 9-10pm. They call it a 'non-religious terms chat' which i find a bit baffling. Are there chats about this WITH religious terms?

Henri asked me the other day if my Kijiji selling was escapism. In a way it is. I enjoy the listing, the biking, the meeting people. A little escapism isn't bad!
But the reason I started selling with Al was I was praying about what God wanted me to do and this is what I felt to do. I wasn't sure when I had the thought if it would be helpful to Al as he runs a pretty smooth ship and I wasn't sure if having another person involved would help him or hinder him. But it seems to have worked out well. We try hard not to each sell the same object to 2 different people :)

1 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, August 08, 2009, Blogger jordin said...

AA and Al-anon each seem to be fronts for religious groups. People find it... frustrating because they are recognizing the fact that they have a problem, and dont want to be "preached' to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home