Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm in the room

I am not quite sure how to deal with a guy I am currently working with on a project. And I don't mind discussing it here because today he was trash talking about my project and I was in the room. Maybe he thought I couldn't hear him, but I could. Every word. Actually, he probably DID hope that I heard. He wants me off the project very badly. To my face he tells me I am doing a 'make work project'. But he does give a surface attempt to help me- he'll ask me if I need anything, or if there is anything he can do. But when I tell him something I need, he says he'll take care of it, but does nothing. So basically I'm on my own, navigating political waters to make everyone come out of the project looking good and still doing the project. So, challenging, yes.

Also, my fragile friendship at work that I was talking about a few posts down told me today that work friends aren't 'real' friends. Nice.

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, September 01, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

{hug}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home