Saturday, August 14, 2010

Take it

Figuring out the impressions in your head can be tricky. Discerning between what God may be telling you and what you are telling yourself. Then sometimes if I figure out that it IS God, I don't know what to DO with it.

Anyway, I had something I thought God was saying last year. I did feel it was God but I didn't feel like I had to do something or say anything about it. Maybe there wasn't anything to do at that point. Or maybe it just needed to wait until my relationship with the person it was in regards to had progressed to where it would make sense to her? Anyway I did nothing.

This week I was talking with the lady it was in regards to and I guess I felt safe enough to tell her. And what I told her was something really ODD if you actually THINK about it. I thought she might just think it was me just being funny and brush it off. I don't think I expected her to take me seriously. She just calmly said "ok" and then proceeded to act like it was TRUE! It was a bit of a -whoah- moment as I don't think I expected her to believe me or to make it change her actions.

THEN God brought ME up short because while this woman immediately acted like it was true, I had NOT been. She had more faith in what I said than I did! I am trying to change that now :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home