Monday, August 02, 2010

unity

I'll finish off my story from "justice" first.
I talked to my friend about the problems she brought up. She had been wounded by someone through their use of her stuff. She wanted to cut off contact and manipulate. I asked if she had spoken to the person and explained the hurt she had. I told her she MUST do this. That is absolutely the first step before anything more dramatic. Sometimes it is harder to confront than just harbour how you have been wronged. We'll see how it goes.

The other interesting part of the evening yesterday was I went to Kim's Church. Her Church is -shall we say- a bit more dramatic spiritually than Rustle. Interestingly, the first song of the evening had some of the same words that the first song at Rustle did (though they were completely different songs!) Rustle's was "Don't back down" (Tom Petty?) and Kim's church was completely different but also used the words "Don't back down". So interesting!
Anyway the first song is neither here nor there to what I was going to talk about. After the first couple of songs, the Pastor got up and said that we had to pray because he could feel an attack in the spirit. So we stopped to pray. I didn't 'feel' anything so I asked God what this was about. What I seemed to get back was that it was an attack on unity. Now I don't know if what I got back was what the pastor was all worried about but it was a good reminder for me that what the devil hates most is unity. Unity in the Church. Unity in our families. Unity with our friends. And the way we humans are makes achieving unity a difficult thing. But it is a beautiful goal to reach towards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home