Thursday, February 08, 2007

Unfettered

Hmm. I read my last post and was surprised at how unfettered my writing was!

The bf I had when I was at Queen's, his name was Brandon (no relation to the Brandon at Rustle!) and breaking up with him was really devastating for me. I knew that it wouldn't work, but this one was really sore for me. And he really wasn't a great catch, but I guess I got attached.

He was a friend of my housemate at the time. I lived on Collingwood St. with some crazy people. But my one housemate was not crazy. We got along well. And when I met his friend from home (Vancouver) we just clicked. I had never clicked with anyone before, so this was new for me. I had just become a Christian a few months before. And was so excited that now I had it all God and a boyfriend. What more could a girl ask for? Except that the guy was an athiest, drank, smoked and probably dealt drugs. His academic integrity was also suspect. But he was smart and funny and I guess we got along well. He understood isolation.

But breaking up with him and having no support structure- being away from home and just starting at a new Church- was really hard and I was in bad shape. I cried a lot that year.

The funny thing I remember from this is that Brandon had a housemate named Steve who was also from St. C. and he was a womanizer and probably supplying Brandon with the drugs and he really disliked me for the sole reason of the Christianity and we would have these funny discussions about how lame I was and I would try to explain things in Christianity that I was barely grasping myself. It was interesting, even if I have no idea if it ever went anywhere in his brain. Brandon was more tolerant of the Christianity stuff in that he was happy for the most part to ignore it.

3 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, February 08, 2007, Blogger Rachel said...

Why is it that the worst catches are always the hardest to get over?

 
At 8:39 PM, February 09, 2007, Blogger Bar L. said...

Its so hard to get over certain guys. This sounds like one who you'll never forget.

 
At 11:50 AM, February 10, 2007, Blogger Aphra said...

Well, I consider him more of a mistake than anything. It was 1992, so a long time ago!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home