Sunday, July 06, 2008

Come

In Al's sermon today he said that what he saw in the Lectionary readings for this week was it was about coming

eg. Matthew 11:28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.


Which I found very interesting because last night I had a dream that seemed to be saying "Wait". In the dream, things seem to be analysed. The situation seems to be tested before the fullness can come out. Why can't things come right away when you want them to? When you feel ready? But God knows what He's doing, and when the timing of something from our perspective doesn't match ours, we have to trust Him.

I thought it also interesting that he told the story about Abi's bird in a cage with the door open but not flying out, as I had just told someone about that a week ago! When I first saw Abi's art, I thought it was quite striking that the door was open and the bird not flying out and I thought, what bird would do that? It was a great picture of the freedom that God has for us. BUT that was before I had birds. Now I have birds, I see this all the time. I can leave their doors open - sometimes they want to come out and play and have freedom, but sometimes they don't want to come out. They have their food and water and familiarity in the cage and just don't have the energy or the will to leave the cage where they are comfortably happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home